Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas at Home 2013

We waited, I promise!
My china that gets used once a year. India Tree by Spode, I still love it after all these years.
The piano top. Covered with antique mica snow.
Two of my absolute favorite antique Christmas decorations. It took me years to find them,  I love these Victorian mercury glass deer.
We opted for a simple appetizer platter this Christmas.

My huge hand turned dough bowl. It stays on our harvest table all year and I change the contents based on the season. The crochet thread is from the old Crescent. 
I love decorating with old ornaments, but I never put them on the tree. They get the attention they deserve this way.
Rudolph, what else?
This little guy followed me home from the shop!
Hand-carved Mexican Milagros covered angel I purchased on my last trip to Seattle. She stays up all year, but shes especially perfect for Christmas.
I thought it would be fun to share some of my Christmas decorations from my home. 
We usually get the decorating finished late, since we so much decorating at the shop. But somehow, we always seem to get it done a few days before the big day. Since we have a tradition of leaving the Christmas up until after New Year's Day (at least) we get to enjoy it a little longer. I always feel like it's still Christmas until then. So from our family to yours, I hope you enjoy a little glimpse into our home. Happy holidays and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Love the mercury glass deer - mine don't look quite so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.