Thursday, August 19, 2010

Weekend in Seattle

Pike Market
Inside the market
Fresh flowers at the market

 On the sidewalk outside the market
View from the Space Needle
Beautiful Snoqualmie Falls
No matter how many times I return to Seattle, it seams like we always end up at Pike's Market. Our last trip to the Emerald City was no exception. I have very fond, sentimental memories of the market since it was a favorite destination while I was in high school (I lived there from 1990 to 1999). The truly  wonderful thing is; it hasn't changed in the 20 years that I have been going there. My son hadn't been since he was a baby, so we thought he would like it. Unfortunately, it was Sea Fair weekend and downtown Seattle was just packed with people. So after a quick look around, we headed  down to the water to take my son to Ye Olde Curiosity Shop (another favorite high school haunt). After seeing a few mummies and shrunken heads, we walked back up to Westlake Center to catch the monorail to the Space Needle. This was the most exciting part of the trip to my seven year old son, of course. The crowds at the Needle were unbelievable, and the price was not what I remembered ($18 each!) and there were so many people in the needle that we could hardly move. Never the less, we had a great time, my son was thrilled and after and exhausting day, we headed back to the hotel - along with a few souvenirs, of course.

On the way out of Seattle, heading toward Cashmere, we stopped to show my son Snoqualmie Falls.  Beautiful, as always. Took a couple photos and got back on the road. Several hours later, we arrived at Apple Annie's in Cashmere. If you haven't had a chance to shop at this mall, I recommend a detour in their direction. They have 70,000 sq ft of antique shopping under one roof! They even have a fun, fifties style diner. We had a great time and I finally found a gym locker with baskets for my son's room. Amazingly, and thankfully, it fit in the Suburban. After spending several hours, and finding some treasures at Apple Annie's, it was time to head home to Spokane. Which we were very glad to return to, no matter how much fun we have anywhere else. As my son would say 'home, sweet home'.

Color Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.